Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 December 2011

Still in shock

Jaidi had had a slight limp on a couple of mornings. I visit to vet and 'all clear' made us feel OK, but we arranged a physio appointment as I thought that if he had a little niggle I would get it sorted. But the limp continued. X ray of body showed nothing, until yesterday when an X ray of rear back right limb revealed what is suspected bone cancer.

We are in shock.

This photo of JD was taken at the weekend. The day before he had his first place at G5 jumping (2nd) with Jackie. No indication any thing was seriously wrong.


We had a follow up this morning and our vet is adamant that the best option is amputation. It will be of the inside toe. Of course if it is cancer then this is no guarantee of complete cure.

Anyway it seems that many people have been through this and there is some cases of misdiagnosis. We are going for a 2nd opinion tomorrow with a vet we know well. It may be we have to go through surgery but I want that to be the 'must do' option, not the first choice.

This time yesterday I new nothing about cancer and dogs. Now it dominates our waking hours.

I hope I can be back writing tomorrow with a positive action plan. If I don't, well its then that we need to collect our thoughts some more.

Alan, Jackie and Jaidi

















No comments:

Post a Comment